Crediton Conservation Area
Crediton Conservation Area is a small day-use area, in Crediton, managed in partnership by the Municipality of South Huron and Ausable Bayfield Conservation Authority.
Crediton Conservation Area offers the opportunity for visitors to take a brief walk along the Ausable River, or access the river for canoeing, kayaking or fishing. The Crediton Conservation Area also offers a dog park.
Open seven days a week, from sunrise to sunset, unless otherwise posted.
Download the trail map and booklet now:
- Credit Conservation Area Brochure and Trail Map (500 KB Medium-sized PDF file)
Where is Crediton Conservation Area?
Address: 39199 Crediton Road, Crediton, Ontario
This Google Map link may helpl:
Explore the Crediton Conservation Area on foot by hiking or snowshoeing.
CAUTION: These are nature trails. Trail surfaces and boardwalks may be slippery or uneven. Be especially careful during windy, wet and icy conditions.
- Use caution and avoid trails if covered in water
- Wear appropriate clothing, footwear and equipment for your preferred trail activity.
- Stay away from fast-flowing water.
The Crediton Conservation Area is a great place for a picnic.
Fishing is permitted in compliance with applicable legislation. Outdoor Cards and Fishing Licences can be purchased from Service Ontario and other licence issuers. Please release any fish caught out of season.
You may find a number of native species in the Ausable River.
The Crediton Conservation Area has a fenced area where dogs are permitted to be off-leash.
Dogs must be under control and well-behaved.
Dog owners/handlers are responsible for the behavior of their dogs and need to adhere to the 'stoop and scoop' bylaw.
Rules and Regulations
Rules protect the environment, you and your fellow users. These rules must be followed and are be enforced under the Conservation Authorities Act and Trespass to Property Act.
- Please refer to signs and entrance kiosks for permitted and prohibited activities.
- The property is closed to the public between sunset and sunrise.
- Motorized vehicles, bicycles, e-bikes, horses, hunting, drones, alcohol use, fires and camping are not permitted.
- Dogs must be on a leash, under control, and you must clean up after your dog. Ensure your pet does not damage or interfere with vegetation or wildlife and does not interfere with others’ enjoyment.
- Do not remove or damage plants, trees, wildlife, signs or structures.
- Stay on the trails and respect neighbouring landowners.
- Fishing is permitted in compliance with applicable legislation.
- Don’t litter.
Please report vandalism and incidents to the Ausable Bayfield Conservation Authority (ABCA) at 519-235-2610 or toll-free 1-888-286-2610.
For a list of permitted activities, please visit the ‘Permitted Uses’ web page at this link:
Watch the video (2022) now: