Zurich Conservation Area
Zurich Conservation Area is a small day-use area in Zurich, managed in partnership by the Municipality of Bluewater and Ausable Bayfield Conservation Authority. Zurich Conservation Area provides the opportunity for visitors to enjoy a picnicking location, and visit for nature appreciation.
Open seven days a week, from sunrise to sunset, unless otherwise posted.
Where is Zurich Conservation Area?
Address: Located behind the baseball diamonds in the Town of Zurich
Zurich Conservation Area is located near the corner of Main Street and Goshen Street North.
It is east of Goshen Street and north of Main Street in Zurich, Ontario Canada.
For directions visit this Google Maps link:
The Zurich Conservation area is a great place for a picnic. Pack your blanket and basket and enjoy a peaceful meal in the park.
The Commemorative Woods is a place for family and friends to plant trees as a living memorial and legacy. Trees can also commemorate special occasions where a long-lasting natural tribute is appropriate.
Visit Commemorative Woods Page link for more information on how to plant a commemorative tree.
Rules and Regulations
CAUTION: These are nature trails. Trail surfaces may be slippery or uneven. Be especially careful during windy, wet and icy conditions.
- Wear appropriate clothing, footwear and equipment for your preferred trail activity.
- Stay away from fast-flowing water.
Rules protect the environment, you and your fellow users. These rules must be followed and are be enforced under the Conservation Authorities Act and Trespass to Property Act.
Please refer to signs and entrance kiosks for permitted and prohibited activities.
- The property is closed to the public between sunset and sunrise.
- Motorized vehicles, bicycles, e-bikes, horses, hunting, alcohol use, drones, fires and camping are not permitted.
- Dogs must be on a leash, under control, and you must clean up after your dog. Ensure your pet does not damage or interfere with vegetation or wildlife and does not interfere with others’ enjoyment.
- Do not remove or damage plants, trees, wildlife, signs or structures.
- Stay on the trails and respect neighbouring landowners.
- Fishing is permitted in compliance with applicable legislation.
- Don’t litter.
Please report vandalism and incidents to the Ausable Bayfield Conservation Authority (ABCA) at 519-235-2610 or toll-free 1-888-286-2610.
For a list of permitted activities, please visit the ‘Permitted Uses’ web page at this link:
Watch the video now: