skip to main content

American Friends

U.S. taxpayers can support conservation in Canada

Are you a taxpayer in the United States? Do you want to help preserve water quality, soil health, habitat for living things, nature areas, and conservation education for youth in this vital part of Canada?

We invite you to make a tax-deductible gift to support this important work.

Here's how!

Visit our Conservation Foundation page at American Friends of Canadian Conservation:

Thanks to our partnership with American Friends of Canadian Conservation (American Friends) you, as an American taxpayer, can help protect habitat for living things, soil health, and water quality with your contribution of cash or securities. You can also receive a tax benefit in the U.S. in recognition of your contribution.

Financial Gifts

Here are some easy ways you can donate to conservation work in Canada, by Ausable Bayfield Conservation Foundation (ABCF), through our partnership with American Friends:

Donate online at American Friends’ secure site using your credit card. Set up a recurring gift or simply make a one-time contribution.

You can avoid U. S. capital gains taxes and receive a tax deduction for the current value of your securities by donating stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares to American Friends. (Contact Sandra Tassel at 360-515-7171 or to find out how!)

You may also mail a cheque, in U.S. funds, to:

American Friends of Canadian Conservation
336 36th Street #717
Bellingham, WA 98225

Please print, fill out, sign and send a Grant Recommendation with your cheque to request that American Friends use your donation to make a grant to Ausable Bayfield Conservation Foundation. To ensure your gift is tax-deductible in the United States, the language in this recommendation document is needed:

Thank you for your support of Ausable Bayfield Conservation Foundation through our partnership with American Friends.

Gifts of Land

You can conserve your Canadian property through a gift that is tax deductible in the United States of America.

Even if you are a taxpayer of the U.S.A., however, be sure to know the effects of Canadian taxes. You can learn about bi-national tax incentives by downloading Save Some Green: A Handbook for U.S. Taxpayers from the Resources section of the American Friends’ website at

To learn more about American donations of land to Ausable Bayfield Conservation Foundation, please contact Brian Horner at or phone 519-235-2610, extension 234 (or toll-free 1-888-286-2610).

Donate now:

Are you a U.S. taxpayer? Donate now at this link.

U.S. taxpayers can donate to Canadian conservation

American Friends of Canadian Conservation - AFCC

American Friends mailing address: 336 36th Street #717, Bellingham WA 98225

Contact info for American Friends:

Email American Friends of Canadian Conservation at:

Phone American Friends of Canadian Conservation: 360-515-7171

Contact Ausable Bayfield Conservation Foundation

Contact us:

71108 Morrison Line,
RR 3 Exeter, ON Canada
N0M 1S5